Teacher's Assistant Certificate - Inclusion of Indigenous Cultural CompetenciesLower Mainland
AWARE Society in partnership with Discovery Community College is offering a Project Based Labour Market Training Program that will prepare you for a career as a Teacher’s Assistant. Gain the skills to support students with special and diverse learning needs.
- Must be an unemployed or underemployed B.C. resident legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Currently receiving EI Benefits OR have had an EI claim within the last 5 years,
OR have earned more than $2000.00 in insurable earnings and paid EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years
- OR be in receipt of BCEA or PWD benefits.
- Must be referred by a WorkBC Employment Service Centre Case Manager.
- Undergo a Criminal Record Check prior to program start date.
- 25 weeks inclusive of a 4-week practicum
- First Aid, Violence Prevention & Food Safe certification
- Indigenous focused cultural competenices components
- Employability & job search skills support
- 100% funded for eligible participants
Program Start Dates:
- Cohort 1 – June 13, 2022
- Cohort 2 – November 7, 2022
Please contact Karel Thompson, Program Coordinator: 604 488 4524 or firstname.lastname@example.org