Health Care Assistant - KelownaProject Based Labour Market Training Program
AWARE Society is partnering with Discovery Community College to offer a 9-month diploma program that will prepare you for a career as a Health Care Assistant.
The program includes:
- Classroom theory and lab courses
- 10-weeks of clinical practice experience
- First aid, Food Safe and medication administration certification
- Employability and job search skills support
- The program will be 100% funded by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction for eligible candidates
Location: Discovery Community College, located in Spring Valley Care Home, 355 Terai Ct. Kelowna
Note: Work experience placements will be in Burnaby.
Program commences with an online/virtual format, transitioning to classroom instruction onsite at Discovery College.
- Must be able to commit to the full duration of the program.
- Must be an unemployed B.C. resident legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have established a regular EI claim or parental claim in the past 10 years.
- Must be referred by a WorkBC Employment Service Centre Case Manager.
- Meet the English language prerequisite requirements of Discovery College Health Care Assistant Programs
- Undergo a Criminal Record Check prior to program start date.
Please contact: C. Megan Brown, Executive Director, Aware Society at 604 374 2475 or email email@example.com.