Chairside Dental Assistant Program with Indigenous ContentSurrey (In Person)
AWARE Society in partnership with Discovery Community College is offering a Project Based Labour Market Training Program that will prepare you for a career as a Chairside Dental Assistant. As an integral part of the dental practice, you will gain the skills to perform both administrative office tasks and assist dentists directly with patient care.
- 100% funded for eligible participants
- 31 weeks inclusive of a 3-week practicum
- First Aid/CPR & WHMIS certification
- Indigenous cultural competencies components
- Job search skills support
Who Is Eligible?
- Must be an unemployed or underemployed B.C. resident legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Currently receiving EI Benefits
- Have had an EI claim within the last 5 years
- Have earned more than $2000.00 in insurable earnings and paid EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years
- Be in receipt of BCEA or PWD benefits.
- Must be referred by a WorkBC Employment Service Centre Case Manager.
- Undergo a Criminal Record Check/TB Test
- November 14, 2023 (Surrey)
- April 15, 2024 (Surrey)
For more information, please contact:
604 488 4524